Why Choose Ever Clinic For Your Rosacea?
Dr Cormac’s extensive knowledge on IPL and Nd:yag is easily the most concise for treating Rosacea. Having trained under the some of the worlds leading experts, and now being one himself, on the matter for two years, there is no one in Scotland more suited to giving you the best outcome possible.
Ever Clinic own the most powerful IPL device available on the market, Sciton BBL. In addition Ever Clinic also own the leading Nd:yag laser, Candela Gmax Pro. The technology in these machines is incomparable to anything else available leaving you confident that a result can be achieved.
The combination of both exceptional knowledge and best in class technology means you are in the best hands for having an optimal outcome for your Rosacea.
Questions ABOUT ROSACEA answered
what is rosacea?
Rosacea is a common but poorly understood long-term skin condition that mainly affects the face.
Symptoms often begin with episodes of flushing, where the skin turns red for a short period, but other symptoms can develop as the condition progresses, such as:
- burning and stinging sensations
- permanent redness
- spots (papules and pustules)
- small blood vessels in the skin becoming visible
Rosacea is a relapsing condition, which means there are periods when symptoms are particularly bad, but less severe at others.
Are there people who are more prone to rosacea than others?
A recent study showed that patients with rosacea were more likely to be affected by other conditions including:
- Respiratory diseases
- Gastrointestinal (GI) diseases
- Metabolic diseases
- Urogenital diseases
- Female hormone imbalance
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Coeliac disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Depression and anxiety disorders
What causes rosacea?
Although it’s not known what the exact causes are, there are certain triggers that are known to worsen the condition. These triggers can vary from person to person and can include:
- Exposure to sunlight
- Changes in temperature and cold weather
- Emotional stress
- Intense physical exercise
- Spicy food
- Skin products
before i consider treatment from ever clinic is there anything at home i can be doing?
General measures to take, include;
- It is important for the patient to understand the chronic and relapsing nature of the disorder
- Where possible, triggers should be avoided
- A gentle skin care regimen helps maintain hydration and the barrier function of the skin
- Sun protection, including avoidance and a daily sun-cream with SPF 30 or greater
- Cover-up powders can help alongside more active treatment
- Creams and gels containing metronidazole, azelaic acid, ivermectin, and brimonidine have a strong evidence base and are approved for rosacea by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). They tend to be used in mild to moderate rosacea.
- Antibiotic tablets including oxytetracycline, doxycycline and erythromycin may be recommended for their anti-inflammatory effect
- In severe or persistent cases of papulopustular and early phymatous rosacea, oral isotretinoin therapy may be required
- Where eye symptoms are due to ocular rosacea, this can be treated with gentle lid-hygiene and lubricating eye drops
I've decided i want treatment, what can ever clinic do?
Visible red blood vessels can be treated using vascular lasers. Light energy is absorbed by hemoglobin and water in these vessels, this leading to vessel heating and coagulation. The most frequently used types of laser are the PDL (pulsed dye laser) and Nd:YAG
A recent study has shown excellent outcomes following a course of Nd:YAG laser for visible vessles associated with rosacea. Severe phymatous disease with deformity responds best to surgery or CO2 laser resurfacing.